Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Yummy

One of the reasons I usually give up on eating healthy is because I am a fussy eater, I get bored eating the same thing all the time. I do like veges and fruit but usually on their own or raw and it's not always about the taste. I don't like the texture of a lot of foods especially when they are cooked together.
For example, I like most of the ingredients in minestrone separately but not together, uck.

So knowing this is a problem for me I'm making a real effort to branch out and find new recipes. I tried Mish's chickpea, beetroot, feta and basil salad for lunch today (with lettuce instead of basil). I was surprised at how filling it was and it tasted great. That one is definitely on my list of approved meals.

I've also picked up some cottage cheese to try from some snacks and some tofu. I've never wanted to try tofu before but I thought what the heck. Although I'll have to wait until tomorrow night to try that because OH says tofu is the devils food and has no interest in trying it, spoil sport. If it's good then I'll sneak it in one night without him knowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment