Sunday, September 4, 2011

Kitchen makeover and diary time

Pre season 6 & 7

Time for a bit of catch up.

First the kitchen make over. This was one task I had no worries about. I don't usually keep bad foods in the house, we eat it as we buy it so there wasn't much to get rid of and I was looking forward to seeing what other things I could be buying.

The one thing I was said to see go was my muesli bars. But I'm going to look into alternatives I can make myself.

Task 7 is Organise and diarise.

This is another one I had already started. Now I'm studying I really need to keep things in order so I already have a diary with assignment dates and things in it so I've added my 12wbt stuff to that.

I'm adding in training sessions week by week and changing things up depending on how I go. Shopping will be done mostly on Sundays, unless OH is working. I'll also start to plan out my weekly dinners so I don't get home and go "I've got nothing to cook" "I don't know what I want" as I know I will.

And now for a weekend update.

I cooked a kangaroo roast last night for dinner and actually enjoyed it.
I really never thought anyone would get me to even try kangaroo let alone cook it. I'll admit I'm proud of myself.
OH wasn't all that impressed, he said he will eat it but he still prefers beef and so do I but kangaroo is higher in protein and lower in fat and cholesterol compared to lamb or beef. So while I'm not cutting out beef it gives me a little more variety in my meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment